Friday, May 18, 2012

Kamado pizza

My 1st trial of pizza was a prepared cook at home pizza from Sam's Club. We usually put Penzey's (http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/shophome.html ) pizza spice on this and we did with this one too.That stuff really pumps it up and is highly recommended regardless of how you cook it.
I put some sticks of a native thornapple tree on just before putting on the pizza. I thought it was good but maybe a little too smokey. My wife loved it and gobbled up the leftovers before I had a chance to ask about it.
Here it is going on. I held the temperature as close to 375F as I could by adjusting the drafts.
Here it is done after 15 minutes both per the package directions. I did it indirectly (w/o water of course)
and on a pizza screen. I went to the local cookware store (http://www.smithrestaurantsupply.com/) to get a stone and the sales lady talked me out of it. This actually worked fine but I'd still like to try a stone. Also maybe less smokey for me next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment