Sunday, April 8, 2012

Kamado Hamburgers

I wanted to try hamburgers on the steel kamado. I tried to research this online regarding cooking temperature and time with only a bit of luck. (I found a nice YouTube video in Swedish that was lost on me.)
It seemed that there is not a lot out there about Kamado burgers. Now I think I know why. To me they seemed about the same as if I had done them on the Weber (20+ years experience on that) or one of several cylindrical LP gas grill smokers that I've had over the past several years. Currently I have a Brinkmann unit:
This has been great for winter cooking and usable outdoors on the porch down to about 10F.
But I digress; I cooked the burgers directly on lump charcoal at 350F-375F per the Char-Griller Kamado Kooker's Dome thermometer (which I had tested in our kitchen oven for accuracy as I put the Kamado together).
 I did about 2 minutes and then flipped and another 2 minutes and then flipped and then another 7 minutes all with the dome closed after each step plus the last 2 minutes I toasted the buns on the elevated rack. 




They were just delicious and done through but quite juicy. However, not very different from my experiences on the cookers noted above.

No comments:

Post a Comment