Thursday, July 25, 2013

Marinated pork tenderloin on the Kamado Kooker

We had company for dinner last week so my wife marinated pork tenderloin overnight.
We've done this often before but this was my first chance to cook it on the Kamado.
The marinade is as follows:
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoon minced garlic
Marinade at least 3 hours but preferably overnight in the refrigerator.
Remove from fridge and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil until grilling.
I used a variation of the smoke and sear technique described very well here: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/136656/pork-tenderloin-on-the-kamado-kooker-reverse-sear.
I did not use any wood chips trying not to spoil the rosemary and garlic flavor. I initially cooked the tender loins to an internal temperature of 120F over a pan containing water and beer.
Starting out over the pan of beer/water.

Then I opened the top and bottom drafts and moved the tenderloins  directly over the coals to sear and brown them.
I turned them a few times and in about 15 minutes, the internal temperature was 145F while the kamado was up to 400F.

.

Then I wrapped them in foil for about 15 minutes while we readied the table.

Here they are sliced. Very tasty and quite moist and still nice and warm when served with tabouli and fresh green and yellow beans with almonds. We also had  a California red wine Apothic Red--a lovely blend that was quite complementary.

No comments:

Post a Comment