Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pork spare ribs smoked on the Kamado--pretty quick

I smoked ribs the other day.

 I'm not the most patient fellow--always it seems there is more stuff I want to do than I have time to do it in. These ribs cooked in 2 hours. I heavily smoked them over soaked hickory chunks. Indirect  cooking was used with about 1.5 inches of
porter mixed with water in the diffuser pan under the grill. The smokey steam coming from the Kamado was almost cool.

I shot for a Kamado temperature of 250 F. About 1.5 hours into the cook the liquid almost completely evaporated.

You can see the bubbly residue.

As I expected, the temperature rose to about 300 F.
This resulted in indirect dry cooking for a half hour. That was great for cooking with the bbq sauce slathered on for the last 10 minutes. They done with a temp of 160 F. The meat after 1.5 hours of steaming in the smokey steam was very moist. 


The final product was delicious and pretty quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment